What we do
Bactevo is a 21st century drug discovery company addressing diseases for which others are failing to provide effective treatments in mitochondrial, neurodegenerative, cardiovascular/metabolic, joint/tissue disease and cancer.
Discovering Medicines Faster
Bactevo are targeting a fundamental cellular process to create drugs that treat debilitating neurodegenerative, inflammatory, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases as well as many cancers. By focusing on the mitochondria, the energy source in every cell, we can target the fundamental causes of many age-related diseases. Through this approach we can also address debilitating, life-limiting mitochondrial diseases for which there are currently few effective therapies.
Bactevo has developed a tightly integrated set of proprietary technologies that radically disrupt current methods of creating new medicines. This Totally Integrated Medicines Engine (TIME) has been devised to answer the needs of drug discovery and development scientists utilising the best in 21st century technologies of microfluidics, nanofabrication and artificial intelligence.
Scientific Advisory Board
Cambridge UK, 2nd May 2018 – Bactevo Ltd. announced today that it has entered into a drug discovery collaboration agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim to identify novel small molecule lead compounds. This collaboration leverages Bactevo’s revolutionary TIME (Totally Integrated Medicines Engine) platform, incorporating its ground-breaking synthetic chemistry technology, designed specifically to combine medicinally-relevant ‘tagless’ chemical diversity […]
Cambridge UK, 9th August 2017 – Bactevo’s Totally Integrated Medicines Engine (TIME) technology has been featured in the latest issue of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN). Click here to read the article. About Bactevo Bactevo has built a unique and game-changing Totally Integrated Medicines Engine (TIME) to create novel therapeutics. Utilising its paradigm shift in the speed, efficiency […]
Bactevo will be at the following meetings and conferences:
• 22nd May 2018 – Babraham Investor Conference (BIC), Cambridge, UK
• 4th-7th June 2018 – 2018 BIO International Convention, Boston, USA
• 6th-8th June 2018 – 19th Annual Drug Discovery Summit, Berlin, Germany
Location: Bactevo Ltd., The Merrifield Centre, Rosemary Lane, Cambridge – UK
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package, related to experience & qualifications
Bactevo Ltd. is a Cambridge, UK based biotech developing ground-breaking technologies for drug discovery. We are looking for a scientist to join our dynamic, multi-disciplinary team. The role will be varied but initially focused on helping develop and run our microfluidic discovery platform and would suit a creative and ambitious scientist keen to learn new skills and tackle some of the biggest challenges in drug discovery.
We are seeking to recruit a scientist with the ability to work across disciplines and function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, while also bringing their skills and insight to expand the teams’ abilities. Team members will be expected to continuously learn and acquire new skills with the training and support of both internal as well as external experts.
We are currently seeking a research scientist to join us working on our microfluidic drug discovery platform.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience
- BTec/HND/BSc/MSc in job-related field of study and 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, or a PhD in a relevant field
- Experience in one or more of the following techniques is required; Microfluidic or Microdroplet technologies, Mitochondrial Biology, mammalian cell engineering, single-cell analysis/FACS
- Experience or knowledge of drug discovery or biotechnology industry would be beneficial, but a desire to develop drugs and learn new skills is essential.
Essential Skills / Attributes
- High level of attention to detail.
- Passion for science and a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to follow standard protocols and record data accurately.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly and apply new concepts and techniques as well as follow current protocols.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An adaptable team player capable of working to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
- Strong organisational skills including ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity.
Please send a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be called for interview.
- Experience in either synthetic, medicinal or combinatorial chemistry.
- A strong background in synthetic chemistry, experience with a wide range of reaction types and developing novel methods and synthetic routes.
- Use of analytical tools for reaction optimisation and trouble-shooting, HPLC, LC-MS, NMR, IR instruments and interpreting resulting analytical data
- Experience in creating compound arrays, split and mix, encoded libraries or solid supported chemistry would be an advantage.
- Experience with one of the following techniques is desirable: microfluidics, computational chemistry, DNA sequencing, performing biological assays.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills, effective working as part of a team.
- High level of attention to detail, as well as demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Passion for science and a problem-solving attitude with a creative flare.
- Adaptable, capable of working to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, applying new concepts and techniques.